Paintless Dent Removal : Our Services
Car Door Dings: How Do You Get Them & Get Rid of Them?
Paintless Dent Removal (PDR) on Long Island
A car door ding is an indentation on a car door that results from a minor impact. Typically, dings refer to small indentations that are maybe a half-inch or less in diameter and that do not scratch or chip paint. Dents are generally thought of as larger indentations, which may or may not involve chipped or scratched paint.
Car accident damage leaves no question as to when and where the damage occurred. Car dings? They tend to be a mystery. The interesting thing about car door dings is they seem to appear out of nowhere. In fact, you may not even notice one at first. All too often when you do see it, you wonder when and where it came from.
Common Places and Causes for Car Door Dings
Here are some ways car dings can happen:
- In shopping areas. Let’s say that while you’re in the store, a person in the car parked next to yours opens their door quickly without paying attention and bangs into your door. Or another shopper leaves a shopping cart close to your door and it rolls into and hits the door.
- At car washes.Sometimes after a car wash that leaves your car clean and shiny, you also discover you have a new ding in your door. It’s a good idea to check your car before leaving a car wash.
- During strong storms and hailstorms.Hailstorms in particular can rain down pellets of ice that hit the doors and other parts of the car. Strong winds can blow branches that can hit your car and leave dings in doors or other parts of the car.
- In parking garages.Similar to shopping areas, when you park your car in close proximity to other cars, you may discover new dents or dings.
- Recreational sports.If you park your car near a baseball park, players can hit fly balls that can bang into the side of your car and leave a dent.
- Road debris.When driving, sometimes you’ll hit gravel, a rock or some other debris that flicks up and dents the car.
Repair Your Car the Fast and Easy Way — Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)
Do you have car door dings? Contact us at Evantage and we’ll use PDR, which is fast and much cheaper than traditional body shop repair. For an estimate, give us a call at (631) 590-5003 or fill out our online form.